So I had just gotten home from Alice’s when I logged onto thee WordPress and received notification that the ever so kind Not Quite Alice* who loverly gave a nomination to me for Blog of the Year (2012) Award. She’s really a lovely girl and each post she writes is with such emotion that whatever she conveys in that post, you can feel to. It’s more than just relatable. She could seriously be complaining why the sky has to be blue and you will find yourself as angry about it as she is. Though, to be honest, she has never complained about the sky. But if she had, now you know how you’d feel, too. See what I did there?
OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE YEAR (2012) RULES
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award –
and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
PEOPLE CHEAT SO HERE ARE THE UNOFFICIAL RULES WHICH ARE VERY SIMILAR TO SUNSHINE BLOG AWARD RULES
Blog the Year (2012) Blogger Award Rules
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you. (check, check, check it out)
- State 5 things about yourself. (it’s below)
- Pass the award onto random other bloggers and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back (that will come give it time)
- Link back to the Blog of the Year 2012 Rules page so people can read the real, complete, and fully accurate rules of this slightly-different blogger award (Copy and paste are my friends)
Things you’ve been dying to know.
- I was addicted to cocaine for a bit. Fun times, but I wouldn’t do it again.
- I was a huge pot head from the age of 14 until just this year. It increased after the “incident”.
- I’ve never thought I’d like cats, but I find myself more curious since I’m no longer allergic. Downfalls? Litter boxes and sharp little claws.
- I hate hamburger meat in spaghetti. Italian sausage only.
- I’m falling out of love with hamburger, steak, chicken drumsticks and pork chops. Brace yourself. I can only get down half a piece of bacon before I don’t want it anymore. Maybe my body is going through its own natural selection and wants only veggies, tofu and sushi/sashimi.
My Carefully Selected Nominees:
Tracy Fulks: Her dry, sarcastic wit with such imagination behind it all leaves me gobsmacked. I did a double backflip when she once told Le Clown that he brightened her day like Monistat to a yeast infection. I will never stop bringing that up, Tracy. She has been through a lot and is real about it. She is not afraid to tell her stories and experiences and has the natural ability to throw humor into them if need be. Or if she just wants to. Tracy, I am happy to know the monkey’s off your back. Truly. Thank you for gracing us with your motherfucking presence.
Le Clown: He doesn’t need this award, he gets praised enough and if you’d told me 2-3 weeks ago I’d be gracing him with a nomination I would have told you that you’re bat shit crazy and get the hell out of here. I first heard about Le Clown when he was featured on the Daily Post with I think 10 questions. His responses were humorous so I liked him. So I clicked to check out his blog and basically took in the layout before the Seroquel was knocking me out. I forgot about him until I started really blogging and he was fucking everywhere! Needless to say, I felt like he was being shoved down my throat like politicians are during election year. I begin regurgitating when this happens. It turned into like, hate, love relationship, very one sided–my side, until I actually got to kind of know him. I forgive him of his Megalomania and we’re cool. His blog is awesome and he does a lot with the community and Movember and he doesn’t act like a cock and ignore you when you comment, he really replies. He’s a good lad. End story.
Teeny Bikini: She’s funny. She has Jiggly Bits. She makes lists. She’s had limited uneventful sexual encounters. She gives excellent advice. You should just check her out. If you don’t like her what are you doing HERE?
Michelle W.: Read her. I have no words for her. She is an acquired taste, but once you’ve acquired it there will be no going back. She’s the north to my south.
*Alice and Not Quite Alice are 2 very different people. Other words, no relation.